Turf Now!™ L.A.’s socially-conscious business practices are taking Los Angeles by storm! We recently blogged about the specific products that go into making Turf Now!™ artificial grass the safest (and most eco-friendly) option for homes and businesses in California. This second segment of a three-part series aims to explain the thought processes behind the manufacturing of our grass. Learn how Turf Now!™ has created the market’s most innovative products and experience our facilities yourself with a quick tour through our warehouse.
So, how does Turf Now!™ bring top quality synthetic grass to Los Angeles residents? It all starts in our manufacturing facilities.
Thread is Created to Form Yarn
- First, strands of green thread are created, which are then cooled and solidified in a trough of water.
- Machinery pulls the new strands through a large comb to separate them before they go to the rollers.
- Thread fibers are then stretched to strengthen the material and create a realistic look.
- Thread is rolled into giant spools that are then spun into a multi-ply synthetic yarn.
- Yarn is superheated with steam to create bulk and texture.
Yarn is Attached to Synthetic Backing
- In a separate area, mesh fabric merges with synthetic sheeting (made with the recycled plastics and soybean oils mentioned in part one of this series) to create our grass backing.
- Yarn travels through tubing to a something called a “tufting machine,” which sews the grass into the mesh backing.
- As the tufting machine sews, small knives cut the looped yard from underneath to create the look of spiked grass.
- A giant roller then picks up an adhesive to cement the synthetic backing to the mesh.
- Driers at carefully-controlled temperatures cool the adhesive.
- Hot pins burn holes in the newly-created grass to make the surface water-permeable.
Quality Control Checks
- “Carpets” of grass are created and cut for size.
- Fibers are measured for consistency.
- Loose fibers are removed.
- Grass is tested for durability using a machine that simulates daily use.
Shipments are Sent!
- Artificial grass is carefully wrapped and stored in our warehouses until a purchase is made.
- Only after this rigorous process does our warehouse make shipments to Turf Now!™ L.A. for consumers to enjoy.
Santa Monica, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and other suburbs across Los Angeles are raving about Turf Now!™’s pet turf, athletic surfaces and grass for both residential and business areas. Speak with a Turf Now!™ L.A. expert now to learn more about the type of grass that’s best for you. Stay tuned for a more in-depth look at this topic in February.